- For more information about GRTS, call 660-646-3414,
or stop by and visit us at 1200 Fair Street, Chillicothe, Missouri or
- For all post-high
admissions & financial aid information, click here.
What is the A+ Schools Program?
The A+ Schools program provides post-secondary benefits for students who graduate from
a public Missouri high school that has been designated as an A+ school by the Missouri
State Board of Education.
The benefits include payment of tuition and some fees for students attending full time at
any Missouri public vocational school or community college. Students must apply for the
Federal Pell grant (FAFSA) before A+ funds can be used.
To learn more about the A+ program,
visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education
Important Information for A+ students!
Full time status requirement:
- A+ students are required to enroll and attend full time (six clock hours per day at GRTS). Exceptions can be made for students with disabilities.
Dropping courses/completed courses:
- A+ will only cover the cost of completed courses.
- A completed course is one in which the student remains enrolled and in attendance through the end of the program year and for which a grade is assigned.
- If a student drops in the middle of a semester, payment for the dropped course is due immediately to
- An A+ student should always discuss the consequences of dropping from a program with the financial aid department.
- Other consequences may include:
- Failure to maintain financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress – which impacts future eligibility for A+ and other federal and state financial aid programs.
- If payment for the dropped program is not made before the end of the program year, the student will not be allowed to enroll in a subsequent year.
- If payment for a dropped course is not made, the balance may be referred for collection activity.
Grade Point Average:
- Students must maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average in order to maintain A+ eligibility. If a student falls below 2.5, they will lose eligibility until they complete a semester and bring their cumulative G.P.A. up to 2.5 or above.
- Effective October 1, 2011, the cap limits payments under the program to a maximum per clock hour amount, currently $4.10/clock hour. This results in A+ students at GRTS being eligible for a maximum of approximately 81% tuition payment through A+.
Length of Eligibility:
A student's eligibility will expire at the earliest of the following:
- 48 months from high school graduation,
- *Receipt of a certificate or Associate Degree, or
- Completion of 105% of the hours required for the program in which the student is currently enrolled.
- The calculation will exclude any credit hours earned prior to high school graduation (for example, dual credit hours)
- Calculation of the percentage shall include all know credit hours completed at any institution, including remedial courses, if those hours are accepted in transfer.
*Note: If a student completes a Certificate program at GRTS, and then enrolls in a related, higher level degree (i.e. AAS 1 + 1 degree) through one of the articulation agreements with a participating college, the hours
required for both the original certificate and the high level degree will be combined when calculating the
For questions please contact:
Financial Aid Administrator/Marketing Coordinator
Grand River Technical School adheres to a policy of non-discrimination
on the basis of
age, color, creed, handicap, marital or parental status, national
origin, race, religion, or sex
in admissions, educational programs, activities, financial aid, and employment.
Chillicothe R-II School District
The Chillicothe R-II School District complies with all federal and state
laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974 and
the American Disabilities Act (ADA). It is the policy of the school
district that no person, on the basis of race, color, national origin,
sex, age, or handicap, shall be discriminated against in employment, educational programs and activities or admissions. Inquiries or
complaints concerning the Chillicothe R-II School District’s
compliance with the regulations implementing Title II, Title VI, Title
IX, Section 504 or the American Disabilities Act (ADA) may be directed
to: Superintendent Office, Chillicothe R-II School District, P.O. Box
530, Chillicothe, Missouri, 64601. (660-646-4566).
This page updated by BK
Web Works 12/15/2020.